Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Pinterest Pocket


Today I'm beginning a new category! As you might have guessed, I'm calling it The Pinterest Pocket. I plan to include groups of similar Pinterest finds I've tried and tell you how they worked... or didn't... for me. Today's Pinterest Pocket is about house cleaning. As you know, Dearest Carl and I cleaned our apartment this past weekend and I used several solutions I found on Pinterest:

Homemade Floor Cleaner
This is a mixture of vinegar, baking soda, dish soap and water and I found it worked really well! You mix the ingredients, scrub the floors and let them air dry. I used it on our bathroom and kitchen floors and both cleaned up easily and dried quickly. Success!

Faucet Cleaner
This mixture is vinegar, dish soap and lemon juice. You mix it up in a spray bottle, spray it on your faucets and let it sit for half an hour or so. After that, use a sponge and wipe it off. It claims to take care of hard water stains and let me tell you, it does! Our apartment has some of the hardest water I've seen and my kitchen sink looks simply splendid!

Stove Cleaner
I was really dreading the task of cleaning our stove grates. They were really... well disgusting. But I found this and thought it was worth a try! All you need is ammonia and plastic bags. You put your burners and/or grates in a plastic bag in a little ammonia (only a little because you only need the fumes) and put it outside. We left ours out for a little over six hours (the lady who writes this blog suggests overnight). Then you bring them in and wipe off the grime! It works super! Our grates were easy to clean even after six hours and would have been even easier if they'd been out overnight!

Grout Cleaner
For this trick, you get some spray on carpet cleaner, spray it on your grout, leave it and scrub it off. I have to say, this didn't really work for me. I tried it on our bathroom floor and when I went to scrubbing, the foam changed color but the floor didn't look any different. This could possibly be that our bathroom floor may have not been really cleaned like... ever. :P But anyway, this didn't work for me.

I love finding cleaning tricks that uses stuff I have instead of having to buy a bunch of expensive cleaners. Maybe you'll want to try one or two of these as well! :)

You are loved so stay happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment