Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Beauty Routine


I don't know about you, but even simple beauty routines can be super expensive! The price for some makeups and hair products are just outrageous! Personally, I've never worried much about my beauty routine. I've figured out what works and I stick with it. I've never been taught all the contouring makeup secrets and how to make my eyes look bigger. And the funny thing is, I get compliments on my makeup a lot! hehe :) I feel like I've beat the system. So, if you're interested in trying something new or how to spend less time in front of the mirror, here's what I do!

Hair:
Since I have naturally curly hair, I don't do much with it. Most of the time, I use Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner in the shower. I love the smell and is just expensive enough that it won't make my hair a lifeless frizzball. About once every two weeks, I use whatever shampoo we have with a little bit of baking soda to strip my hair of all the residue gunk. My mom taught me this trick and my hair always seems shinier and bouncier afterwards!

After showering and brushing my hair (which I'm sure will horrify some people), I put Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse in it and style to the best of my ability. Pretty much, whatever my hair wants to do that day.

Skin:
I should probably take better care of my skin than I do now. I shower with the cheapest body wash from the store and I use a mildly cheap razor. Every now and again, I'll use a special scrub made of sugar, oil and lemon juice when I shave my legs which makes them super duper soft! That's fun. :)

Recently, I've started lathering up my legs and feet in lotion at night which helps in soft-ness. I got a bottle of Carried Away Body Cream for my birthday and I highly recommend it. It smells awesome and works very well!

Face:
I struggle with acne a lot. I've used just about everything on the shelf and my current routine seems to be working pretty well. In the morning, I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser which I swear makes me feel more awake. At night, I use Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser and then Burts Bees Herbal Blemish Stick which smells so much better than any other spot treatment medication! I will warn you though. If you don't want your pillow to end up with discoloration spots where you sleep, I'd advise you to put a towel or some kind of cover over it.

Makeup:
I'll just make you a daily makeup list in order of how I put it on.
- Alamay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup: I've had this going on three months now and I really like it!
- CoverGirl Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder: I've been using this for a year and it makes my face looks very smooth and even.
- Pur Minerals Hot Rocks: This was a present. I like how it gives a tint to my cheeks without looking like hard blush. Very natural.
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 4 Kit Shadow - Sheerly Nudes: I use this for everyday. It's natural but adds a little something.
Maybelline New York ExpertWear Eye Shadow - Impeccable Greys: This is used for special occasions like weddings and parties and Sundays.
CoverGirl Perfect Blend Eye Pencil - Black/Brown
CoverGirl LastBlastFusion Mascara - Black/Brown

For lips, I've got three different favorites: Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud SalveBurts Bees Pomegranate Oil Lip BalmCoverGirl Lipslicks Lip Gloss - Daring

You may have guessed that I think CoverGirl is a good brand. You can find somewhat inexpensive makeup and everything I've gotten from them is good quality!

Extra:
Of course you need things to make you smell good right? I personally prefer body spray to perfume. My two favorite scents are Victoria Secret Dream Angels Heavenly and Victoria Secret Pure Seduction. And lately, I've found a favorite perfume! Secret Wonderland from Bath and Body Works is seductively heavenly if you ask me. ;)

Recently, I've discovered that Burts Bees has a LOT more products than I thought they did! And someday, I'd like to use more natural products like Burts Bees. But until then, this list works quite well. :)

You are loved so stay happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment