Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monday Soups



It's almost soup time!!! If you will, think back.... waaaaaay back, to last Fall and Winter. I LOVE soup so I dubbed Monday night Soup Night! And I've gathered quite a collection of soup recipes! So, since soup season is almost here, here is my collection of Tried and True Soups!
Zuppa Toscana Soup (Dearest Carl's Favorite) - Use bacon bits instead of diced bacon slices
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup - Cook longer for softer gnocchi
Tortellini Sausage Soup - Use spicy sausage for a kick
French Onion Soup - Place a lit candle near your onion cutting station for less tears
Potato Soup - So I haven't used this exact recipe yet but the potato soup I throw together is similar.
> Please May I Have Some More Soup - Smoked Sausage, potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage in a broth base
> Tomato Soup - From a can, use milk instead of water, add butter and minced garlic for homemade flavor
I think that's a pretty good spread and will definitely be my go to soups this season. But I do have so many others I want to try! Here is a list of the particulars:
Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup - looks to be more broth-y than the one I've made
Sweet Corn, Peppered Bacon and Shrimp ChowderFrogmore Stew - No frogs here. Just potatoes, corn, sausage and shrimp!
Curried Sweet Potato Soup - Because I'm craving sweet potatoes.
Beaucoup Seafood Chowder - But I'll probably wait until Dearest Carl is okay with seafood again.
Cheeseburger Soup  
Cheese Tortellini Soup with Cannelloni - Or without the cannelloni...
As of Sunday, I discovered that Dearest Carl has never had a bread bowl! So needless to say, we'll be having this experience sometime this winter.

I hope that beefs up your own stash of soup recipes! Speaking of your stash, which is your favorite?

You are loved so stay happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment