Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Kid Friendly Halloween


Well, it's only a week away and I've noticed that the older I get, the darker Halloween seems. And maybe I just don't remember the dark side as a kid. For my family, Halloween was homemade costumes, trick-or-treating at neighbors and grandparents houses, carving pumpkins, attending the big Halloween party at our church and sorting candy on the living room floor. Now, I notice every gruesome billboard and every Walmart zombie mask and every time I pass the coffin laden car that drives around my neighborhood. It just sickens me! I'd like to know who thought scariness was good for little kids and give them a nice talking to. Anyway, for you families who have little kids (or big kids!) and aren't into scary, here are some ideas for a kid friendly Halloween!


25 Halloween Recipes for Kids

Halloween Rice I Spy

DIY Monster Goo

20 Creative Ways to Decorate a Pumpkin

The Pumpkin Patch Parable

Old Fashioned Popcorn Balls

Easy DIY Giant Googly Eyes

10 Last Minute Costumes

Now, for those of you who don't do Halloween, how do you spend your evening?

You are loved so stay happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment