Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Winter Indulgence

I don't know about you but I can get dreary, deep in the doldrums of winter. You haven't seen the sun in days. Driving anywhere takes twice as long because of snowy and/or icy roads. There isn't a hint of green in the great outdoors. You have to bundle up each time you step out your door. It's times like these when it's nice to find little things here and there to pamper yourself. But pampering can be expensive if you don't know where to look! Here are some things that I suggest to help you get cozy during these cold winter months, all under $10 of course!



1. Peppermint Tea - There is just something about peppermint tea that makes a cold night better. This brand has several different options that are priced by quantity, but you can always find a generic brand at your local grocery store which is just as delicious. 2. Pomegranate Burts Bees Lip Balm - This stuff is almost a staple for me. It smells great and I love how the moisture sticks to my lips! It's also only $3 for an organic product! 3. Mrs. Meyers Lavender Candle - How I do love the scent of lavender don't you? It's so relaxing. This $7 soy candle is sure to please your nose! 4. Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters - $5 for a quirky classic? Yes please! This was my beach read last summer and let me tell you, it is stuffed with adventure, romance, danger and even pirates! But don't worry. They do run right along the lines of the classic Jane Austen book. 5. Pandora - This website is a free music player that I use all the time. I discovered that when I use it in Chrome, my handy dandy Adblock extension cuts all the adds out of the music. So I get add free streaming music for free! 6. Essie Nail Polish - If you don't use Essie, you should! It runs from $5 to $8, depending on where you find it and they have a very large variety in color. My favorites are Eternal Optimist (shown above) and the coppery Penny Talk. It's a good strong polish that lasts longer than one dish washing session!

I hope I've helped you find something fun to try and maybe brighten up your winter! What are some things you indulge in to fight the doldrums?

You are loved so stay happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment