Monday, May 12, 2014

What We're Eating


I was emotional and a bit overwhelmed. The crust was sticky, the chocolate still needed to be melted, another post was looming, and all I could do was sit on the kitchen floor and eat the leftover chex cereal. Suck it up. Pull it together. Chill the dough and make the filling. Melt the chocolate and let it set. Tart in the oven and I have a moment to sit down to work on a post. Why am I acting like this? I've had a great weekend so far! New candles, a stack of new books, the promise of moms and good food. Just stop!

That's when I hear his honk. I see him in the front seat, making a silly "ta da" face as the green car idles in front of the house. It makes me smile. He bounds up the steps, purple flowers and ice cream in hand. Kisses me in front of the neighbors. Makes my insides beam. His eyes shine and I feel that teenager adoration. Hard working. Always humming. Making silly faces. Thank you Lord for this man. Thank you for giving him to me.

My Saturday in a nutshell. We spent Sunday with our moms, grilling and celebrating their wonderful-ness. I hope you all ate some delicious food too! Here is this week's menu!

Monday: Blueberry Chicken Salad (making this up with leftovers from previous salads)
Tuesday: Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Wednesday: Pizza Rolls
Thursday: Homemade Pizza Calzones
Friday: Grill!

You are loved so stay happy!

No comments :

Post a Comment