Monday, October 27, 2014

What We're Eating


Good morning! I hope you enjoyed your weekend! Ours was lovely. We got the house cleaned, had a bonfire with our new small group, spent last evening with some friends and drank spiced apple cider (which tasted exactly like my Grandma's Christmas Spiced Cider! WOOT!).

Funny story of the weekend: Saturday afternoon I was cooking in the kitchen and Dearest Carl was upstairs removing the guest room window air conditioner when suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I see something big fall outside. Upon inspection, the air conditioner was laying in the grass. Of course I ran upstairs to see if Carl was okay and he was, but apparently there hadn't been any outdoor support for the A/C like we thought. And Dearest Carl says "Well, that's one way to get it out..." All we could do was laugh. Oh the joys and hazards of home-ownership.

This week's menu has lots of pasta and deliciousness. Are you ready?

Monday: Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potato Soup
Tuesday: Garlic Sauteed Shrimp with Ricotta and Angel Hair (my own concoction)
Wednesday: Pizza Rolls (I know, fail.)
Thursday: One-Pot French Onion Pasta
Friday: Halloween-ing with my family!

What's on your menu this week? I'm getting November menu's ready so I'd love suggestions!

P.S. The A/C that fell two stories came free with the house and is a vintage monster, so while we haven't tested it, it's probably okay.

No comments :

Post a Comment