Tuesday, November 22, 2016

My Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake


Believe it or not, cheesecake was how my love for cooking began. I've been making them since high school though not as often since I married. Dearest Carl and I can't eat a huge cheesecake by ourselves. But the holidays are a great time to bust out the big guns when it comes to dessert. This maple pumpkin cheesecake has been a favorite for a long time and Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to dust off my springform pan. Now I can't wait until Thursday!

MAPLE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:
Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups ginger snaps, crushed (I just used most of a 16oz box)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
- 5 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling!)
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice


INSTRUCTIONS:

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 10 in. springform pan with parchment paper.
- Combine gingersnaps and butter and press into bottom of springform pan.
- Place pan in freezer.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and sugar.
- Add eggs two by two, mixing after each set.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour filling onto frozen crust and place pan on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for an hour, or until center of cheesecake is not jiggly. (Mine took an hour and a half.)
- Cool on the counter and store in the fridge.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we will enjoy mine!

No comments :

Post a Comment