Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Beginnings


Hello! You've just stumbled across my own little corner of the world (I call it paradise)! You may decide to stay and hang a while or you may decide it isn't worth your time. But either way, I'm going to introduce myself! Read ahead at your own risk. ;)

My name is Casey Elizabeth Watkins. I'm twenty and a half. I live in a lovely little one bedroom apartment with a yellow kitchen and a bean field view out the backdoor. I married the love of my life, Dearest Carl Edward Watkins, on September 1st, only 10 days ago, and have stepped into happily ever after with him. I'm the oldest of five children and I love them all dearly. It's been so quiet since I've gotten married and I miss them even though they only live five minutes away. I have my dream job as a nanny for one little girl who is just as bouncy, cheery and playful as can be and she will soon be joined by Little Bird Number Two! I love to write! I have scads of poetry, two journals, three blogs (including this one) and half a dozen unfinished books. One of my dreams is to buy a book from Barnes & Noble that's written by me. Autumn is my favorite season because of all the lovely colors, smells and cooler weather it brings. I love to cook! My food board on Pinterest is the biggest one I have. I browse through foodgawker.com often. I have a blog dedicated to food (though I don't post too often). I had the menu and grocery list for the first week of marriage life put together months before the wedding. Poor Dearest Carl has to put up with experimental food. :) I love to read and have several favorites that I would recommend if you're out of fiction. I greatly dislike peanut butter. I love my church, Living Streams Community Church, and serving, praying and playing with all the people there. My ultimate goal in life is to be a stay-at-home mother, homeschool my children and teach them the ways of Christ.

As for random facts: My favorite drink at Starbucks is a Peppermint Mocha (closely followed by a Cinnamon Dolce Latte). Jane Austen and Julia Child are two of my heroes (or rather, heroines). My favorite colors are pink, pale yellow, lavender and mint. I love taking walks in the park and puddle jumping with my polka-dotted rain boots. Swimming, hiking and bike riding are my favorite forms of exercise. Pride & Prejudice is my all time favorite movie. No, not the wimpy Keira Knightly one. The Colin Firth six hour one! I have a love hate relationship with clutter. I like the simple somewhat minimalistic style but I also like the antique clutter. In the end, the clutter wins. I would choose good old fashioned paper over technology any day. I am only semi crafty. If something takes too long, I'll inevitably give up before I start. I love skirts and dresses. Heels are currently growing on me (to Dearest Carl's dismay). I love to dance, especially swing dancing. I listen to soundtracks 70% of the time but I love many kinds of music including classical, big band, contemporary Christian, Broadway and some other random artists. Shrimp is my favorite food. I love going to see stage performances of just about anything (but musicals is a favorite). I have a constant wanderlust and I really want to go to Ireland someday. I have a reputation for being an awesome gift giver.

Well, there you go. Now that you know a little bit about me, maybe you'll have some desire to read on? :) With this blog, I plan to share with you any adventures that come across my path. Cooking adventures, traveling adventures, life adventures in general! And in the process, I hope we can grow together closer to Christ!

Now, before I leave you, I'll drop you a song for the day. :)


You are loved so stay happy!

2 comments :

  1. Oh. my. word. I have found my other "me". Let's see - where to start. Oh. I'm a pastor's kid. I'm a graduate of homeschool (A Beka). Umm...totally love the Colin Firth P & P (the only one worth watching). I have about 1/2 dozen unfinished books too (I keep threatening to publish and ebook...but being a mom to 2 kids 2 and under sort of puts a crimp on that one). I love autumn (my favorite time of year) and I have probably pinned more recipes on Pinterst than anything else (cleaning/organizing a close 2nd). I am a huge Jane Austen fan...and am only semi-crafty too (I don't have the patience to fully commit. haha!) I love the IDEA of being crafty...but when the rubber meets the road - I get of of Dodge. :) So you see - we're definitely kindred spirits. *grin* I've had a ball poking around your little corner. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosilind,
      I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! It does sound like we are indeed kindred spirits. :) I will quote Anne Shirley and say "Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world." And I completely agree! I hope you will continue to enjoy my ramblings as I will definitely continue to follow yours! :)

      Delete