Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Literary Heroine Blog Party 2013

Through some blog surfing, I stumbled across such a sweet blog, Accordion To Kellie. And she is having a Literary Heroine Blog Party which... if you know me at all, you know that this is right up my alley! So I'm doing it! :) 


Introduce yourself! Divulge your life's vision, likes, dislikes, aspirations, or something completely random!
My name is Casey Elizabeth and I am an avid chocolateer who loves to cook, write, drink coffee, read good books and decorate her imaginary house over and over again.

What, to you, forms the essence of a true heroine?
A heroine is always a lady no matter her circumstances, always gracious no matter the situation, always friendly no matter the person, always curious in the known and the foreign and if she doesn't have anything nice to say then she doesn't say anything at all.

Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to. 

Emma and her oblivious-ness. I've tried the matchmaking thing but it never worked and many a time, I've been unaware of how something I said came across until someone reprimanded me for it.
Anne of Green Gables and her head-in-the-clouds air. Even though she grows up, she still manages to keep her curious mind and reign in her fairy tale bubble. 
Molly Gibson and her innocent trust. I just love how little Molly is so sweet and trusting. I resonate with the loyalty she shows her family and friends, even if they don't deserve it. 

Five of your favorite historical novels?
Pride & Prejudice, Mr. Darcy's Diary, Little Women, Little House On The Prairie, The Hound of the Baskervilles

Out of those five books who is your favorite main character and why? 
Elizabeth Bennett of course! I just love her spunk and how she sticks to what she thinks, since her "courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate" her. She's just wonderful.

Out of those five books who is your favorite secondary character and why? 
My favorite secondary character must be Sherlock Holmes. I used to be indifferent to Sherlock but recently, after watching the movies, seeing the TV series and reading several stories with Dearest Carl, he's grown on me! I love how he solves problems that seem so complicated and impossible but when he explains how he draws his conclusion, you just think "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!" 

If you were to plan out your dream vacation, where would you travel to - and what would you plan to do there? 
Ireland, sweet Ireland. *sigh* You know, that is where I long to go. And if I could go, I would want to visit as many crumbling (and not crumbling) castles as possible and eat lots of Irish food. And play in the rain with my polkadotted rainboots. :)

What is your favorite time period and culture to read about? 
The Regency Period or Fantasy Medieval.

You have been invited to perform at the local charity concert. Singing, comedy, recitation - what is your act comprised of? 
I would probably play piano, The Blue Danube to be precise. :)

If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature, who would you select to represent? 
Definitely Emma. I think I could pull her off quite well, blond curls and all. 

What are your sentiments on the subject of chocolate? 
Chocolate? Where?! How can I get some?!?

Favorite author(s)?
Jane Austen, Beatrix Potter, Eva Ibbotson, Sherlock Smith, Sir Arthur Conan Doyal 

Besides essentials, what would you take on a visiting voyage to a foreign land? 
A good book, my camera and someone as a "Flat Stanley" to make them jealous. ;)

In which century were most of the books you read written? 
The Regency Era (surprised?).

In your opinion, the ultimate hero in literature is…

You may be confused at this but.... Horatio Hornblower.  

Describe your ideal dwelling place. 
I have two. One is a big old white farmhouse with a large porch and a bright kitchen. The other is a little cottage with friendly cats and a large flowery garden.

Sum up your fashion style in a short sentence. 
I love anything with lace, sparkles, bows, pink and general frillyness. 

Have you ever wanted to change a character’s name?
Besides Mr. Wickham to Mr. Snake-In-The-Grass? I don't think so.  

In your opinion, the most dastardly villain of all literature is... 
Count Olaf from A Series of Unfortunate Events. I've read almost the whole series and he just keeps coming back again and again and again... and again........ and again................................ and again!!! I seriously dislike him and his evil schemes. 

Three favorite Non-fiction books? 

Your duties met for the day, how would you choose to spend a carefree summer afternoon? 
Either reading under a shady tree or walking at a park with my wonderful husband.

Create a verbal sketch of your dream hat - in such a way as will best portray your true character. 
Hmm.... Well I would start with a plain yellow straw hat that wasn't too big or floppy. It would have pink silk and lace ribbons woven around pink peonies. And hidden somewhere in the pink fluffyness would be a dark red rose. Just because. :)

Share the most significant event(s) that have marked your life in the past year. 
Well... I kinda sorta got married. Yeah, that was probably the biggest. ;) Also, I attained my English Associate's degree by God's grace and I also received the best job in the whole wide world!

Share the Bible passage(s) that have been most inspiring to you recently.

Learn something new about me? :)

You are loved so stay happy!

4 comments :

  1. So glad you joined, Casey! Loved your post!

    Ireland, Ireland! Can I come too? I'll definitely bring my polkadotted rainboots:)

    Haha - Flat Stanley! We had him pass by our place a few years ago. That was fun:) Snake-In-The-Grass. Brilliant.

    Congratulations on your marriage! That's so exciting! And I love your hat.

    Blessings,
    --Kellie



    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read about Mr. Hornblower, but I sure do love his name! A finer one is not to be found. :)

    And Anne is so wonderful. I just did a post trying to figure out exactly why I love her so well. You hit the nail on the head!

    Even though she grows up, she still manages to keep her curious mind and reign in her fairy tale bubble.

    She never loses her Anne-ness! All her imaginings and big words, she never grows out of that and I love that about her. She's just an incredible character. I'd love to pick Ms. Montgomery's brain on how she ever imagined her into being. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! :)
    Ha--I love your alias for George Wickham...He deserves such a title.
    And the verse you shared is awesome!
    I so enjoyed reading your answers!
    Joyfully,
    Whimsey Keith :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confused? By Hornblower being the ultimate hero? NEVER! He is simply wonderful.

    And congrats on your kinda-sorta-getting-married :-) I hope God blesses you with as happy a marriage as he has given me.

    ReplyDelete