Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Favorite Beauty Products

I am the kind of person that likes to try out new beauty products. I experiment with lipsticks. I try different hair products. It's no wonder I have half full bottles of lots of things! But there are just a few products that I've landed on and have really stuck. I mean like I can't live without them, stuck.


1. Revlon Lipstick: This was the first tube of red lipstick I ever bought and I'm about ready to buy another! It's easy to apply and I feel like it lasts me as long as I need it (I won't say all day because I don't wear lipstick all day). Recently I've learned it even works better over a coat of lip liner!

2. Herbal Essence Mousse: Having curly hair, I've spent a lot of my life trying to figure out the best way to tame it. I've tried gel and mousse and natural and just about everything else. When I landed on this mousse, I loved it from the first. It makes my hair curly and keeps down the frizz without being crunchy. It's good stuff!

3. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara: When I started wearing makeup, I started with the same mascara my mom always uses (which isn't bad!). When I tried this, it was awesome. I've tested some different kinds since then but I always gravitate back to this particular tube.

4. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm: I think I've raved about this before. It's seriously amazing stuff. I feel like it's great for the events that you want a little something but don't really need the full red lip. I have Rose and Hibiscus and scheming to try another color soon.

5. Lavender Oil: Okay so maybe this isn't exactly a beauty product, but I adore lavender oil. I've always loved the scent of lavender and when I started learning a bit about essential oils a few months ago (via this book), I really started using it. It's become part of my nightly routine. After I wash my face, I put a little on my temples, forehead and behind my ears. The smell is so soothing and I would swear it helps me sleep.


























If you thought I missed one, well I didn't! This is probably my all-time-favorite-I-would-have-to-buy-them-out-if-they-closed lip balm. I was introduced to Rosebud Salve years ago by one of my favorite bloggers. I've adored it ever since. I use the Minted Rose balm during the day and I always put on the regular stuff before I go to sleep. It keeps my lips soft and gives them a rosy sheen. During the winter, I also put the salve on my hands if they're dry and I can see the difference, more than any lotion I use! Dearest Carl is even a convert now! ;) Getting this trio this summer was definitely worth my money.

So there you have it. The stuff I use on a regular basis and don't plan on quitting any time soon!

Are there any beauty products you recommend? I'm all for experimenting anything you swear by!

No comments :

Post a Comment