Tuesday, May 12, 2015

An Interview with Girly 'n Camo


You've probably gotten pretty used to my posting about food here on the blog, especially when Olivia and I get together in the kitchen once a month. She's a wonderful photographer and I thought you might like to know a little bit about the girl behind the lens! So I asked her if she would answer a few questions for me to share with you and thankfully she agreed. :) Meet my dear friend, Olivia!

- What is your daytime job?
I’m a bookkeeper for a pallet company. Nothing glamorous but needless to say it’s a job and I love it =)

- You can't leave the house without...
... my day planner. I can’t live without it! I’d rather forget my phone than my planner – its content, is my life.   

- What's your favorite season and why?
My favorite season would have to be winter because not only is snow beautiful and my love for boots and scarves immense, winter contains my favorite holiday. December twenty-first! This is perhaps a pretty obvious one but once winter has officially arrived, you know that Christmas is on its way, bringing with it a collection of delicious food, vibrant decorations, heart-warming films and television specials, festive events and activities, jolly music, and time spent with love ones.

- When did you discover your love for photography?
My love for photography began when my dad bought a little point and shoot digital camera for the family, when I was about 13. I’ve always been into art (mainly pencil and pen art) so when I discovered how much easier it was to capture a desired picture with just the press of a shutter button, rather than a slow pencil, I was hooked.

- What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? 
I hope to become a certified bookkeeper and really begin to grow my bookkeeping business.

- If you could give a piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Embrace change. If life were consistent and without ups and downs, it would be boring, bleak and monotonous. We’re here to dodge bullets, get back up when we’re kicked down and make decisions for ourselves. It’s all about building your character. Never fear change, it could be exactly what you need.


Thanks for sharing Olivia!

You can read more of this sweet girl's thoughts and see lots of pictures over at her blog, Girly n' Camo. And just in case you were wondering, we've got a new recipe coming up this week! You'll want to check back for this one.

No comments :

Post a Comment