Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My Favorite Movies


Summer is officially here and while I wish I was spending my summer by the pool or in the ocean, that just isn't going to happen. So I'm going to spend my days writing away and when all my friends are busy, I'll fill my evenings and weekends with my favorite movies. In reality, I have too many favorites to list them ALL here, but I picked a few of the top ones to share with you!



Marie Antoinette (2006) - This movie kinda got me obsessed with Marie Antoinette. I didn't know much at all about the real girl until I watched this and started looking her up. The movie itself isn't completely historically accurate (as is the case with many historical movies) but I loved the frills and prettiness of every scene and yes, I actually love the soundtrack.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) - While I enjoy all of The Lord of The Rings movies, this one is my favorite. The adventures, the quotable lines, and of course, Gandalf, just make this the best of all of them. But usually when we watch one at our house, we end up watching the whole trilogy.

Pride and Prejudice (1995) - I still remember the first time I saw this. I was in middle school, sick on the couch and my mom suggested it. That moment began my everlasting love of everything Jane Austen. While I do love all the JA movies, this classic is still my favorite ever. And may I say, Colin Firth is the one and only Mr. Darcy. Take that Matthew Macfadyen.

Austenland (2013) - The paragraph above pretty much explains why I love this movie. Its one of those movies I can watch over and over again and not get tired of it! For a romantic comedy, it's surprisingly clean and absolutely hilarious. Also very relatable for any Austen lovers like me!



An Affair to Remember (1957) - Here's another one that my mom introduced me to. If you've never seen this, put it on your list! It's one of my favorite Cary Grant movies. I'll warn you now, have some tissues because you will cry.

The Hunt for Red October (1990) - I think I've talked about this movie before. It's me and Dearest Carl's traditional Valentine's Day movie. It's an epic story I can actually understand, has a fantastic soundtrack that gets stuck in my head, and..... Sean Connery. "Some things in here don't react too well to bullets."

Mary Poppins (1964) - Doesn't everyone have those movies they grew up on? This is one of those for me, perfected by the fact that I liked to pretend I was as cool as Mary Poppins when I was a nanny. Because it's a jolly holiday with Mary. And who wouldn't want a bottomless carpetbag? It's an adventure that the family can enjoy together and sing along!

The Young Victoria (2009) - I knew this story because of an earlier BBC version, but I like this version better. And I think I love it even more now that I'm married because I can appreciate the relationship between Queen Victoria and her husband and the effort she went through trying to figure out how to be a queen and a wife. It's such a great story.

Okay, now it's your turn! What is on the top of your favorite movies list? I'd love to hear your suggestions for summer watching!

(Popcorn image via Back to Her Roots)

No comments :

Post a Comment