Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Watkins Vacation 2015

You guys have no idea how hard it was to decide our vacation plans this year. Both our families invited us on their vacations, Dearest Carl has had a hankerin' to go to the beach, I'm just ready for a good long break. It was a tough decision! But we made it. So in August, we'll have two blissful weeks in the woods (hopefully next year Mr. Beach), but before we go, I need your help!

Week One of vacation we're spending in Gatlinburg with my family! The last time we were there was almost three years ago for our honeymoon. We hiked in the park, visited the aquarium and the wax museum and spent some time walking the shopping strip in downtown Gatlinburg. Our favorite eats were the Pancake Pantry, The Melting Pot and the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. And of course we made two or three trips to the Ol' Smokey Candy Kitchen. We were even gifted tickets to the Dixie Stampede which was a super fun experience that we probably wouldn't have had otherwise. It was amazing.

Now here's where I need your help. I know lots of you have been to Gatlinburg so I want to hear about all your favorite places! Favorite shops, favorite hiking trails, favorite restaurants, favorite secrets. Give me your itinerary for the best Gatlinburg vacation ever!


Week Two of vacation we're spending in Lincoln State Park with Dearest Carl's family! It's possibly one of the best places on earth. Little to no cell service, hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, staying up late, sleeping in, reading, not knowing the time and not needing to. It's seriously the best way to unplug. We're staying in a cabin and we'll have the whole week to do what I just listed. (P.S. That's my brother-in-law in the picture, not Dearest Carl. Just in case you were confused. :) )

I know that Holiday World and Lincoln's Boyhood Home are close to LSP but if you have any other suggestions for very southern Indiana, lay 'em on me!

So there it is. Our vacation itinerary. It makes me a little bit sad to leave Charlie behind but I know he'll be in good hands while we're gone. And I'm looking forward to having some time away with Dearest Carl! No work. No house projects. Just us and our favorite people. Come on August!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment