Monday, September 21, 2015

What We're Eating


Is there anything more invigorating than a chilly fall Monday morning with a steaming cup of coffee in hand and the promise of a wonderful week ahead? I just love it, even if my to do lists are longer than both my arms. I started off my morning cleaning up our kitchen, packing Carl's lunch and making coffee. Somehow these domestic tasks bring happiness to my heart. So when I saw the quote above, I knew I had to share it. I'm so thankful my jobs allow me to be at home and sew my homemaking skills into the threads of our life. I'm also thankful that God helps me to see the pleasure in small daily things like turning out the light in a clean kitchen and slipping under clean sheets at night.

I think cooking meals is one of my favorite duties as a wife! From the beginning, I've loved planning my menus, shopping for ingredients and preparing food for my husband. And I'm so glad Dearest Carl isn't picky so I can try interesting recipes or we can just have popcorn and apples. I think this week's menu is a good mix of both. :)

Monday: Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
Tuesday: A surprise dinner for Carl! So I can't tell just in case he reads this. ;)
Wednesday: Popcorn and Apples
Thursday: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken on Rice
Friday: We're both gone this night at our separate things so unless you want cat food, don't come for dinner.

What are some of your favorite daily life domestic things?

(Image via Sally Clarkson)

No comments :

Post a Comment