Monday, October 12, 2015

What We're Eating


I discovered this quote this morning and had to smile. That is kind of what this weekend was for me. Fresh baked cookies, surprise Starbucks from both Dearest Carl and my sister-in-law, helping Dearest Carl sweep sand into the patio cracks, afternoon sun shining through the last leaved tree in our backyard, building up a bonfire for just him and me, hanging out with my brother after church. None of it was very exciting but all of it was sweet to the soul. "Simple little pleasures" as Anne calls them.

The week ahead is a simple one. I don't think I have to leave the house until Thursday night which is unusual for me, but no less pleasant! I like being at home. Dearest Carl and I are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with our patio so we'll hopefully be finishing that up this week, along with some other things on our to do list. And I have a good menu!

Monday: Please May I Have Some More Soup and Beer Bread
Tuesday: Omelets and Leftover Bread
Wednesday: Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet
Thursday: Crackers and Cheese
Friday: Fish Sandwiches and Fries

What are you making in your kitchen this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment