Monday, November 9, 2015

What We're Eating


This time of year is my favorite. When you still see flecks of gold in the trees but the chill of the frosty mornings makes you shiver and think of the holiday season to come. When you take a chance and stay in bed ten more minutes. When you try and cram as many warm crock pot meals into your menu as possible. When you indulge in another cup of coffee just to wrap your cold fingers around the warm mug. When you go to bed early because it's dark and spend an hour reading. When you pull your flannel sheets out of the linen closet. When you light the candles that make your house smell like cinnamon. Yes, it's my favorite.

Speaking of the holiday season, usually I'm the one to shun all things Christmas until after Thanksgiving but this year I've let myself revel in the forbidden just a little bit. It's like having twinkly lights sparkling like fairy dust around the edges of my vision. I've gotten my creme brulee Starbucks in a red cup. I bought us a daily advent calendar (that I put away but can't wait to pull out again!). I've been thinking about Christmas posts for the blog. But we aren't listening to Christmas music yet and all our decorations are still packed away. That will come the day after Thanksgiving and I make a big deal out of it, secret hot chocolate recipe and all. ;)

Waking up under a coat of frost this morning made me smile because I could not have planned this Monday's Soup any better. Nothing like a big bowl of classic chicken noodle soup to warm you up!

Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup
Tuesday: Quiche
Wednesday: Pigs in a Blanket and Chips
Thursday:  Fried Rice
Friday: Spinach Artichoke Baked Pasta and Garlic Bread

What are you eating this week to keep you cozy?

(Image via Free People)

No comments :

Post a Comment