Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Our Christmas Movie Classics


Everyone has them. The Christmas movies that you pull out year after year. You can quote them. You can sing along to the soundtrack. But it doesn't matter how many times you've seen them. They're classics and it wouldn't be Christmas without them. Dearest Carl and I have spent the last three years acquiring our Christmas classics and I think we finally have all the necessities. So while we go cozy up and watch another one, you can read about what's on our Christmas classics list!


Holiday Inn: One of my favorite things about this movie is that it has all the holidays in it. So if we don't get around to watching it before December 25th, we can still watch it the week of New Years!

The Muppet Christmas Carol: It's not Charles Dickens without singing vegetables. Seriously. I've watched other versions of this Dickens classic and it just isn't the same without Gonzo and Rizzo to narrate. And Kermit plays Bob Cratchit. Could it be any more perfect?

White Christmas: Out of all the Christmas movies we watch, White Christmas is my absolute favorite. I'm not exactly sure why, but I love coming back to the songs and the matchmaking and the cozy ski lodge in Vermont every year. If you haven't seen it, head to the library right this minute.

Miracle on 34th Street: We're watching this movie tonight! I grew up watching this movie and while it was a little slow for me as a kid, I really enjoy it now. It definitely makes you take a second glance at the Santas in town. ;)

Elf: Really, who doesn't watch this movie at least once during the Christmas season??? So many hilarious moments (like when he jumps on the Christmas tree and it falls right on top of him) and so many quotable lines that come up way past New Years.

It's a Wonderful Life: Funny story here. I've tried to make it our tradition that we watch this movie on Christmas Eve after church and visiting are over. But being the morning person I am, I have begged to go to bed half way through every year so far. This year I'm determined to do the opposite. I will watch this movie all the way through if it kills me!

What Christmas movies are absolutely necessary for your family?

(Image via Musical Musings)

No comments :

Post a Comment