Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Date Night


Happy St. Patty's Day! I realized this morning I don't even have green to wear today. But I have an Irish Date Night planned for tonight so that ought to make up for it, right? In case you've missed past date nights, At Home Date Night for us is a themed dinner and a movie. Today it's all Irish, obviously. So first, here's what we're eating!


St. Patty's Day is definitely a great occasion to make beer bread and this is my favorite recipe. When I went searching among all the cozy Irish recipes on Pinterest for a main dish, I came across this Dublin Coddle. Sausage, potatoes and bacon? I can dig that! In past years, I've made Irish soda bread and Please May I Have Some More Soup (sausage, cabbage and potatoes, remember?) so I'm excited to mix things up a bit this year!


Ah The Quiet Man. This is my all time favorite Irish movie and I've watched it every year on St. Patty's Day since the first time I saw it. It's about an Irish born American boxer (John Wayne) who moves to his old family home in Ireland and falls in love with a fiery red head (Maureen O'Hara). It's hilarious and witty and romantic. Like fifty stars. Also, you can find it on Netflix!

If you'd rather watch something else though, here's a few other Irish related movies: Leap Year, Far and Away, P.S. I Love You, Darby O'Gill and The Little People, Brooklyn.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

(Top image via Redbubble)

No comments :

Post a Comment