Thursday, April 21, 2016

4 Picnic Styles: The Vegetarian Picnic


I have to admit I found this picnic a little hard to put together because I'm not a vegetarian. It may be Pinterest's fault but when I think of eating vegetarian, I think of all the complicated recipes I've found that have so many ingredients that are only found in special grocery stores. But I thought that all the people who are dedicated to meat-less meals or even just eating less meat in their diets deserved a picnic just for them. So here are some of the best picnic-worthy vegetarian dishes I could find.


Black Bean and Quinoa Veggie Burgers - If you aren't going to have a real burger, you can still have a vegetarian friendly one with all the toppings. They look just as easy to make too.

Celery, Radish and Turnip Salad - Sure, you could throw together a pasta salad but here's an option that sounds so fresh and different. No one else will be bringing this to the party for sure.

Baked Mac n Cheese - What's a picnic without mac n cheese? Roast it, bake it, fry it, whatever your favorite recipe, vegetarians can eat it.

Mexican Street Corn - This is basically a pimped out version of corn on the cob. So it will obviously taste the best at the end of the summer when the sweet corn is in season.

Homemade Ginger Beer - I love ginger beer. It's like the better alternative to Sprite. When I found this recipe, I knew that I would have to try making this this summer.

Do you have any favorite vegetarian recipes I should try?

(Top image via Anne Sage)

1 comment :