Tuesday, April 26, 2016

6 Rainy Kisses That Aren't From The Notebook


I'm going to made a confession. I'm not a huge fan of The Notebook. Maybe it's because I'm not a bandwagon person so when everyone else went crazy about it, I went in the opposite direction. (And before you raise a ruckus, yes I have seen it and yes I cried at the end when they both died.) But there is something about a kiss in the rain that has always been and will probably always be romantic. Who knows why because really, kissing in the rain is cold and wet and kind of inconvenient. But hey, it's them and not us so it's okay.

Since I don't have The Notebook on my regular movie rotation, I've gotten my rainy kiss fix from elsewhere. Here are six movies that include them and, in my opinion, are much more satisfactory:


Singing In The Rain - You can't write a post about rainy movies and not include this one. The rainy kiss may not be steamy but it provokes one of the best songs about rain ever which is good enough for me!

The Young Victoria - I just love this rainy kiss because it isn't a newfound love kiss or a after all this time kiss. It's a newly married, I'm-so-happy-to-be-yours kiss. And it's just wonderful.

Breakfast At Tiffany's - When I first saw this movie, all I could think about was how the cat was probably squished. Now that I have a cat, I still think about Holly's Cat, but I also think about how sweet it is that Paul loves Holly despite her unpredictable moods and runaway attitude.

Enchanted - Believe it or not, the best kiss in this movie is not the kiss that wakes up the princess. It's the kiss in the rain after they've defeated the villain and almost died. Because who wouldn't kiss well after a near death experience!

The Quiet Man - Yes, I already raved about this movie last month. But it has a rainy scene too where there are not one, but TWO kisses, each as meltable as the next.

Little Women - Okay so this version of Little Women doesn't have the kiss at the end. You'll have to go to the 1994 version for that. But I grew up with this rendition and in my opinion the look they have for each other with these lines absolutely satisfy: "I have nothing to give but my heart so full and these empty hands." "Not empty now."

Do you have a favorite rainy romance that I missed?

(Top image via We Heart It)

No comments :

Post a Comment