Friday, July 15, 2016

Frivolous Friday



I had today's blog post all written out and then I woke up this morning to the news of Nice and my heart is heavy. I don't know if it's just our constant exposure to the world through social media but it feels like it's never ending. We just finished watching through The Lord of The Rings Trilogy and I have that feeling that you get in the second movie, when things have been just getting progressively worse. Frodo and Sam are captured by Faramir. Aragon, Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf are watching Theoden make his deadly run and hide decision. Merry and Pippin are shocked that there is an army on the doorstep of Fangorn forest and the trees will do nothing. It's just one blow after another that leaves you breathless and with a heavy sense of foreboding.

How can this ever end well? Can we ever go back to the way it was? A few Bible verses come to mind:
"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deut. 31:6 
"Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!" Psalm 27:14 
"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
No matter who's shooting who, no matter who's bombing who, no matter who is elected president, God is God. He knows, He sees and He hasn't left us alone. So take courage!

I have a challenge for you. In a world that's growing darker by the day, don't just #benice, be kind. Nice means pleasant or agreeable. Kind means showing, or proceeding from benevolence. Put down your Pokemon Go. Skip the Fantasy Football. Watch one less TV series. Use your time wisely. Look for ways to be kind to someone today, because tomorrow they might not be here.

I'm gonna dance when the music stops

The great escape

Because it's tomato time

This place though

My thoughts exactly

Changed my life

Put this on your Netflix list

Have a good weekend!

(Image via Bianca Rose)

No comments :

Post a Comment