Tuesday, August 30, 2016

5 Favorite Quotes



I love romantic quotes. There are a few especially that make my heart beat a little faster and my mind linger on my husband. Some of them I've known by heart for a long time and some of them are newer to the repertoire. Either way, they get me a little nostalgic for our days of love made from butterflies, carefree Saturdays and simple romance. Here are five of my favorite quotes about love and marriage.



"I  have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature." - Jane Austen



"This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted." - C.S. Lewis



"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no; it is an ever-fixed mark, 
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks 
Within his bending sickle's compass come; 
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, 
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved."
- William Shakespeare, Sonnet CXVI



"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." - Robert Heinlein


"There is no such cozy combination as man and wife." - Menander

What are some romantic quotes that make your heart go pitter patter?

No comments :

Post a Comment