Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cooking with Casey Crocker

Olivia and I have been in the kitchen again, this time with a recipe that I know like the back of my hand. Quiche! Since I go without the recipe for this one, I'll do my best with the directions! But it's super easy so I'm sure you'll figure it out. :)


Basic Quiche


Ingredients:
- One 12 in. pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2.5 oz bacon bits
- Handful fresh spinach
- Dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder

Directions: 
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

- Unroll crust into 9 in. pie pan.

- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat until yellow.

- Stir in minced onion and bacon bits. Tear up spinach into pieces and add.

- Add cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir together.

- Bake for half an hour or until top is browned and eggs are cooked all the way through.

- Let sit for about ten minutes. Cut and enjoy!





See? It's incredibly easy. I've made this so many different ways, seriously. I've substituted crab for bacon bits. I've used different kinds of cheese depending on what I have. I've made it without the crust (just make sure you spray your pan first!). I've made a tomato and basil flavor. My favorite mix is spinach, artichoke, mozzarella and feta cheese. Quiche is just so good and so easy and I never mind eating leftovers. :) Will you embark? It would make a splendid Saturday morning breakfast! While you're deciding, check out the rest of the pictures over at Olivia's!

(Recipe adapted from All Recipes)

1 comment :