Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Secret Spiced Cider Recipe


Every Christmas, my Grandma makes a crock pot full of the best hot spiced cider in the world. The secret recipe kind (though I'm sure she'd give it to you if you asked). Well last fall, I was determined to find a spiced cider recipe that would improve the taste of store-bought apple cider and that we could drink throughout our cozy fall days. Whadayaknow, I stumbled across one that tastes just like Grandma's! I couldn't get any luckier, right? It's my go to recipe whenever we have people over in the fall and it's just the perfect beverage to add to any dessert, but especially s'mores.

I realized though that I shouldn't keep all this deliciousness to myself! Especially now that we Indiana dwellers are spending our evenings in the dark. You just need some extra coziness! So my advice is to make yourself a big crock pot full of my secret cider to sip on while you read.

Crock Pot Spiced Cider

Ingredients:
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 orange
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves

Directions:
- Put apple cider, brown sugar and cinnamon sticks into the crock pot.
- Slice oranges and poke cloves into the meat of the orange. Let the clove-ridden orange slices float on top of the cider.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment