Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Resolutions


Every new year comes with an urge to make a new you. It seems like everybody is telling us the best diet to get rid of the holiday pounds and the best tricks for busting old habits and if you aren't the resolutions type, they're telling you what resolutions you should be making. I made some goals last year. Some of them I did great! Others not so much. But that won't stop me from starting afresh and making some new goals to work on during 2016! Practical goals that have practical applications. Here they are!

1. Go Someplace New: I am a person of habit. But I've discovered that I do like going new places! Whether it's a new restaurant or a new State Park, I've come to really love exploring with Dearest Carl. So this year, I want to go to one new place. I'm not sure where or when, but I want to make sure that we invest in some adventure this year, not just housework.

2. Read More: Thinking deja vu? Yeah I know. Last year my goal was to read a book a month. Well I didn't quite make it, but I got really close! In the process, I discovered that I can read two books at a time (fiction and non-fiction) and I woke up my love for reading. So this year I would like to revisit that goal. I want to try again but mostly, I want to choose reading more often than screen time.

3. Be Cheerfully Intentional: Folks, marriage is hard. And I'm a terrible person. Over the past few months, I've fallen into a rut of high expectations and discontentment. Well, I'm done being an unpleasant wife. This year, I want to not only be intentional about connecting with my husband, I want to do it cheerfully! I used to greet him at the door with a smile nine times out of ten. With life and bills and work, it's become a distracted "Oh, hey." So my first order of business is to bring back the smile. No matter what my day has been like, no matter how I'm feeling, at least give my husband a smile. We'll figure out what comes after that when we get there.

4. Taking Charge of My Fertility: I hate seemingly perfect blogs. You know what I'm talking about. I want to be an honest blogger, including my readers in my life as well as I can, which is why I'm including this resolution. Last spring, I shared with you my desire for little fingers and little toes. Well that desire is still there, stronger and unfulfilled. So this year, I want to do what I can to find out what's up! Maybe it won't end in a new little life. Maybe it will unearth a longer road to expanding our family. But there is peace in knowing and I'm ready to find out.

That's what I'm thinking about this year. As always, prayers are appreciated!

Are you making resolutions for this bright new year?

(Image via My Little Fabric)

No comments :

Post a Comment