Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Favorite Summer Recipes


Cooking during the summer has always been somewhat of a challenge for me. I love to bake and to cook so it's interesting finding options that don't require turning on the oven or standing over a hot stove for an hour. But there are a few recipes that I return to on a regular basis. Most of them consist of cutting up ingredients and some require just a few minutes with a frying pan. I promise that they're easy though, and definitely summery.


1. Cucumber and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese: This is such a great twist on on the normal grilled cheese sandwich. It's lighter and the goat cheese gives it a lovely surprising flavor.

2. Cheese Plate: You know my devotion to cheese plates. Especially during the summer, cheese, crackers and cold meats make a fast and delicious dinner.

3. Watermelon Couscous Salad: When I first found this recipe, I new I had to try it. Trust me, include the watermelon. You'll be glad you did.


4. Omelettes: When all else fails, we always have eggs. Most of the time, I don't even plan. I just throw in whatever cheese, meats and veggies are in the fridge. And they only take a few minutes to prepare.

5. Pan-Crisped Deviled Egg Salad: I've probably raved enough about this salad already... Make it. Seriously.

6. Tuna Salad Sandwich: Tuna salad is one of my favorites. But I also enjoy chicken salad and salmon salad. They're all cold and they're all great on bread or tortillas!

What are you making on these hot summer days?

(Top image via Camille Styles)

No comments :

Post a Comment